I have to take a moment to brag on my amazing husband.
Not only did he keep the children for me Thursday morning while I had a meeting, he ventured out with both of them to run an errand, and returned with just-for-no-reason flowers!
There was nothing on the calendar...
no birthday, anniversary, or holiday of any kind!
I was so surprised!

Although, back in the beginning of our relationship,
I told Stephen more than once that I didn't like flowers,
he shouldn't get me flowers, flowers are a waste of money...
well... over time...
it turns out I LOVE just-for-no-reason flowers!
Ladies, I know you remember those thoughts when you were dating,
when your boyfriend would do something sweet and you would think
"he likes me, he really likes me!"
(Maybe its just the little insecure girl in me,
but does anyone else know what I'm saying?)
Then after dating for a year and discussing marriage,
Stephen proposes and somehow I'm surprised!?!
I distinctly remember walking to class,
staring at my engagement ring,
thinking "He loves me, he really loves me"
Its crazy to me how, just 5 years later when being together
is so normal and I love you's are said everyday...
It's just crazy that a simple grocery store bouquet of flowers
can make a woman think
"He loves me, He really loves me!"
There was nothing on the calendar...
no birthday, anniversary, or holiday of any kind!
I was so surprised!
Although, back in the beginning of our relationship,
I told Stephen more than once that I didn't like flowers,
he shouldn't get me flowers, flowers are a waste of money...
well... over time...
it turns out I LOVE just-for-no-reason flowers!
Ladies, I know you remember those thoughts when you were dating,
when your boyfriend would do something sweet and you would think
"he likes me, he really likes me!"
(Maybe its just the little insecure girl in me,
but does anyone else know what I'm saying?)
Then after dating for a year and discussing marriage,
Stephen proposes and somehow I'm surprised!?!
I distinctly remember walking to class,
staring at my engagement ring,
thinking "He loves me, he really loves me"
Its crazy to me how, just 5 years later when being together
is so normal and I love you's are said everyday...
It's just crazy that a simple grocery store bouquet of flowers
can make a woman think
"He loves me, He really loves me!"




3 comments:
I know what you mean!! That is so sweet. I would rather get flowers for no reason than on a holiday!
I know exactly what you mean! Enjoy those "just-for-no-reason flowers":)
Aw! I loved this post. Just because flowers are the only flowers that I really like and they rock.
Post a Comment