Saturday, May 23, 2009

New Adventure: the Sippy Cup

Our little boy has decided that he loves to eat... he's always been a good eater but lately he has been even more excited about meal times. We stopped to figure out just how much he eats and realized that our 18 pounds of joy is eating $100 a month of groceries!



So I will attempt to start making more of his food for the next few months until we can start working on table foods. I made a lot of Mary Beth's food but with two kiddos, the convenience of buying it has been so nice.



Another transition he has made is perfering baby food and not really giving a toot about his bottles. [Even though it was only a year ago when we went through this with Mary Beth, I can't remember how/when we started cutting out bottles. I think it was around 11 months that we went to morning and evening bottles only and used a sippy cup with formula and solids for her other meals.] Anyone gone through this with their kid so early? Any ideas to make sure he's getting enough formula? or is it not worth stressing over?



Anyway, I started with a sippy cup this week... which he enjoys playing with but even something new to drink out of doesn't convince him to actually drink.

The other new development this week is TWO TEETH! He has been drooling for a couple months, but not many other symptoms. I always tried to look but couldn't ever see anything, so I just stopped looking. The other day he laughed and I caught a glimpse of something - opened him up and not one but TWO have popped through without me knowing.
[When Mary Beth was teething their was no mistaking with her many physical and emotional symptoms] But apparently Jackson handles it pretty well!

No comments: