Saturday, March 14, 2009

Going once, Going twice, Sold!

How much is your beard worth?

Tonight at our youth auction we raised almost $7,000.00 for our student choir.
The generosity of our church family blows me away.

Bucky and Stephen's goatees were auctioned off.
Literally, OFF - its gone - all gone.




$125.00 was the price for these two tufts of hair.


BEFORE


AFTER

Poor Stephen =( the things he'll do for ministry...

Next year we want at least $175.00

5 comments:

tmzetterberg@yahoo.com said...

That's a pretty funny auction! :) I don't know if i've ever seen your man w/o the go-t...handsome as alwasy. And it looks like you both had a nice anniversary! Happy 5 years!!

jz

Stacy said...

They both looked surprised when D.J. called them up there. I was hoping Barbara would say they didn't have to shave...lol. But it was for a good cause.Or I would not have paid that for tickets to a football game:)

Summer said...

I can't wait to see them!!

snookmama said...

Laura, I am sorry. Julie, you're welcome. :) Pretty cool to get that chunk of change for something you can grow back.

Barbara Hoffman said...

Sorry I didn't say they could keep them... but it was for a good cause.... It will thankfully grow back...now we just have to work on the soul patch on Bucky. Please don't hate me! :-}