Sunday, December 21, 2008

Early Christmas

Last year we started the tradition of having Christmas before Christmas. It started because we are so busy traveling on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but I realized yesterday several other reasons we love Early Christmas!

1) We have the whole day to spend with the kids, playing with toys
2) Laundry doesn't matter! because the kids stay in pjs all day (and nobody came over to see the piles)
3) Dishes don't matter! because they'll still be there the next day and nobody was trying to cook...
4) No meal planning! it doesn't matter what we eat because its not the "real" Christmas Dinner - we'll leave that to Grandmothers
5) Restaurants are open - so we used a giftcard to go out to O'Charleys last night

I had such a great time. It was like having a day off!
I know my husband can never fully understand - but I'm so grateful that he started this tradition for me last year! Thanks Baby!

Today though, I gotta get back to work -
laundry and dishes are starting to gross me out!
Before I head back to the kitchen, I thought I'd share a few pictures...


Daddy got us matching pjs!


Reading about the best gift of all!


The boxes were bigger than Mary Beth, we thought she'd be more into it this year but she still didn't really get the whole unwrapping part


First baby doll!
We knew when Jackson got here that she would need her own baby.


We got one that makes sucking noises and cries when the paci falls out. It came with a bunch of accessories that are a little too old for Mary Beth, but she'll get the hang of it soon.


Jackson got some Pop-links.
They've made some cool improvements since my pop-links as a kid.


a rattle too!
[its pretty difficult to find toys for a 10-week-old]




Jackson fell asleep before we finished.
Also, I have to brag on my new shoes!
(That could be a blog entry in itself, so I'll save that story for later)


Mary Beth trying to show Jackson how to play with the pop-links.
He's very interested, can't you tell?


This is the only kinda mess in my house that I love to see!


Mary Beth was exhausted after 2 hours and took a wonderful, long morning nap. Maybe she is starting to understand that taking care of a baby is hard work!


My cutie pie gave me the best gift of all ...
(drum roll please....)
He slept through the night last night!
Not once did I get out of bed to feed, re-swaddle, change a diaper, or even put a paci back in!
Merry Christmas to me! =)

I hope you and your family have a wonderful, Christ-centered,
fun-filled, day-off kinda Christmas!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love their pj's!! And I love your new blog look too!

The Rogers Family said...

YEAH for a real "Silent Night"! HA HA! I love the pictures of Mary Beth caring for her baby. Precious!

Jimmy Moore said...

CUTE!

snookmama said...

Love the new look. And I am thinking we might start this tradition next year!