Every Christmas as a child my grandmother would have all the grandchildren over to her house to bake cookies. I asked her if we could start the tradition with Mary Beth this year, even though I knew that she would only last a few minutes - but it was fun to take a lot of pictures of her first real baking experience.

"I'm ready!"


(we made turkeys for Thanksgiving)

I was wondering how long I could hold her off
before she realized she could eat the dough.
(only about 30 seconds)


[notice her hands]
Asking in sign language for more dough to eat


She helped with 7 cookies before I cut her off from eating the dough
and then her toddler-ness took her attention elsewhere.

(Jackson slept through the whole thing)

Granny and I


2 comments:
I don't know who's cuter, Granny or Mary Beth! That was precious. Brings back good memories. I bet Jackson will eat his share of dough next year!
I agree with SB! Granny and MB are adorable. I enjoy this same tradition with my neice, Sally. Even @ 16, we still enjoy making "Santa" cookies together.
Post a Comment